At EtranscriptionJob.com, you can apply for transcription jobs online directly at our website. Those interested should send their resumes to us through our website. Once your resume has been received , we will then send you a small audio file or video file , as a test usually 3 to 5 minutes long . For more info on how to apply, eligibility criteria and what we are looking for in a Desired Candidate, please read below.
Last Updated: 15 June, 2012
Why are we looking for some specific candidates?
Transcription job is of very critical in nature where a projects needs to be delivered to the client within the committed TAT. Therefore we always look forward to hire the best of transcribers throughout the year. Mentioned below are the points that we consider in an applicants resume.
1. Transcription Experience: Experience always helps. A candidate having some experience in transcription has a better understanding of language ascent from people across the globe. People with past experience in similar jobs such as VA/Office Assistants/Clerical post or as transcriber at a Transcription company are preferred..
2. Quick communication: Quick communication is much needed factor since we work from different geographical location. The transcriber should be able to provide quick response to emails and chats.
3. Deadlines and TAT: Ability to meet required Turnaround times. Turnarounds will vary from 1 day to 3 days or sometimes more depending upon the scale of the project. Transcriber must be committed to honoring this.
4. Difficult audio: Most of the times the quality of the files is on Grade A side, however there could be times when there would be low grade recordings. The transcriber should possess the ability to handle difficult audio or video files with accents or low grade recording quality (background noise, audibility, etc)
5. Transcription software and Hardware: Transcriber should have experience using the transcription tools. As these tools helps in transcribing files more efficiently. Experience in using transcription Software's such as Express Scribe etc. and Hardware assistants such as Foot Pedals etc.
6. Broadband Speed internet connection: At times large sized video/audio files might be required to be downloaded. A broadband connection is required for the same.
7. Long term association: If you are looking for a long term association , then this is the correct place..
At Etranscriptionjob we only handle General Category Transcription projects. In general transcription, there are one to one interviews, focus group discussions, podcasts interviews, video transcription, research interviews etc. Currently there are no positions for Medical transcriptionist however those with MT background can also apply as a general transcriptionist.
Interview transcription: One to one or Multiple speakers - Interview transcription mainly comprises of two speakers: Interviewer and interviewee.
In this transcription Interviewer interviews the other speaker. The transcriber should ensure that he pays close attention to the interviewee's response.
Focus group transcriptions: In Focus group transcription, a group’s view are transcribed. This has multiple speakers as the name “group” itself suggest. The transcribe should pay close attention to the speakers voice and views in this transcription as it may involve 2 or more speakers
Video transcription: This involves transcribing the video file audio to text format. Video transcription has more clarity in terms of identifying speaker as compared to an audio transcription
Seminar transcriptions: Seminar transcription involves transcribing a seminars recording. It involves 1 prime speaker.
Other: Research audio/video interview transcription, thesis , podcast to text etc..
Paypal: All payments are made through Paypal as payment gateway.
Payment cycle: Outstanding Payments are cleared on 15th day or on last day of every month..
Step 1: Make sure you have read the required info on this page.
Step 2: Fill out our 'Transcription Application Form" .